Our first full meeting of both the Core Working Group and Project Steering Committee will take place tomorrow afternoon. Because the November meeting of the Core Working Group focused largely on wrapping up curricular discussions (see meeting report here), this meeting will be the first to fully address our second planning theme: data.
Our agenda for this meeting will cover both initial discussions and committee recommendations about data collection practices.
Core Working Group and Project Steering Committee
December 6, 2016
- Presentation and short discussion of proposed curricular changes
- Look at current GC alumni data
- Discussion of data collection practices
- Individual doctoral program methods of tracking and reporting data
- Institution at-large methods of tracking and reporting data
– Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (Provost’s Office)
– Office of Career Planning and Professional Development
– Institutional Research study of 2003-2014 graduates (spring 2015)
- Tracking career outcomes for those who leave doctoral programs
- National conversation about data from CGS, NACE, MLA, AHA
- Beginning plans for May 4 event: Town Hall Meeting on Careers in the Humanities